7/29/2009

City of No Smiles

Have you ever noticed? If you walk around in the city when something nice happened to you earlier, you're smiling, minding your own business and thinking about that nice stuff. You stop at the bus station and look around. The people around you staring you like you're some weirdo or some drug addict or whatever. What forbid people to smile on the streets? Whenever I use public transportation, everybody looks like they just ate the sourest lemon of the world. There are exceptions though, when somebody is with a friend or family member, they chat happily, but if you wait a little until they run out of funny stories, they turn to the closest window with a frown again. I'm not really sure where to put this.

For the last few days I was really busy, I could only check the internet from work. At least our performance is progressing, my muscles are developing, which is amusing I'm starting to look human-like again from afar. The girls are still complaining about my facial hair proliferation. I promised I'll shave it off for the performance, but then they took the idea that they want to cut from my hair too. I'm concerned about my worth as a human in their eyes, they probably think I'm some sort of hairy doll.

It's tough to be a system administrator. People say we spend half of our work hours on the internet, playing and all. In my opinion, thats better than seeing me actually working, because if I work it means something doesn't work properly and I'm about to fix it. So, they pressure us poor little admins. The bosses, the employers, the clients are on our tail saying "We'd like to see some work." and the only thing I can do is to show them that I already set up the computer to do the work for the rest of the day, I mean.. Thats what scheduling is for.. If I start the maintenance while the traders are working, they start complaining about the slow computers.. Plus, the dear customers have this ability to generate supercomplex problems. Like this one I'm working now, I had install a security card for one computer to be able to access a safe site, and it works on every computer I tried, except on the one it was supposed to be used...

I guess there will be no youtube for this post since I haven't had the time nor the mood to amuse myself with silliness found only there.

As for the games, I still couldn't take a picture of my wife in Rune Factory 2, so I'm stuck there until I can, no progress.. I hope I can play some Stalker later today, or maybe tomorrow, maybe we can play some DnD tonight as well. I'm looking around to find that old game I wanted to play again. It's called Europe 1400 The Guild. I kinda liked owning a pub. I haven't found a good bag yet and the old one is really about to explode into tiny little scraps of whatever material it was made from.

I started to think about staring another page for this blog, that would only include this novel I've been dreaming with lately. Probably because I haven't wrote or roleplayed a thing for a while. I feel the urge to write.

2 comments:

  1. That is possibly the best way to explain the expression that people have on their faces while travelling in public transportation..it does look like they ate the sourest lemon in the world..Nice observation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. You like lemon? I like lemon. :D

    "When life gives you lemons, feed it to Lynxx."

    ReplyDelete